2010-12-01

Headline puzzles -- moment of redemption and Puzzle #N0

I am content. I've gotten my headline-puzzle-maker script working. Here are the results:

ISZ QLDP DJNPLKIPKO OJ RMK UPZO BJMZO OMKHPL OLMEEYB
XYPJL GOLIWBGGQW SGJQILPY PZIXGIQ IKJNPT
QBYBQGIVBU MGAUNR'I NCXIIAX DENR GNHQAX IVBE VN RTECAE HGBEJA
IRXHGKHG SIR YLGRL BHWGB KH OWVEHGVWG MHS AHK RLKI
PJDQKGZ-AGJJUXN ZPMWPH EP ONEROM EP QUOINE UE HGXMGVGZUME KOGZN ZREH

For the record, I am from Greater Vancouver, BC and these headlines are from a recent issue of our venerable (some would say stodgy) paper, the Vancouver Sun (quite a different paper from the Calgary, Edmonton et al. varieties, let me tell you! Not even our other rag, "The Province" descends to such depths).

I will post an answer in two weeks or so. If you need help brute-forcing the headlines, try the applet at this location (thanks to The Phoenix Society for their link). If you need an introduction to solving headline puzzles, try this document (also from the Phoenix Society). Happy solving! Feel free to create your own headline puzzles and send them to me -- you can use my tool if you want.

No comments: